• 14x 5N solid silver wires per channel (12x 28awg + 2x 26awg) in oversized PTFE Teflon insulation.
• Terminated with premium Neutrik plugs.
• Soldered with Mundorf 4% fine silver audio solder.
• Woven Teflon Litz construction is ideal to deliver RFI and EMI rejection and provides low capacitance.
• 5N silver transmits electrical signals faster and with less distortion than ordinary OFC wires.
• High grade Teflon insulation gives a predominant air dielectric and is regarded as the best insulator for bare cable.
• ‘Skin effect’ is noticeably reduced via separated 14 cores of silver.
I have bought the Master Silver XLR cables in 0.5m length. I had the comparison to a Kimber Kable Timbre, inakustik Reference NF-803 and a professional Gessner Symo1, all of the same length. Because I only needed such a short interconnect from my DAC NAD C510 to a Stax earspeakers amplifier SRM Monitor with a SR Lambda Pro, I hadn´t expected any significant differences – but it was a very easily audible step from one connection to the other. The two shielded cables (Gessner and inakustik) sounded nearly identical, I knew this beautiful sound for a long time. The Kimber Timbre was a step ahead in transparency and clarity, no measured change in frequency response, but every detail was more separated from the rest. But what about pure silver?
The Lavricables Master Silver XLR arrived here in Germany just one week after my order was placed, perfectly packed and manufactured. Even with the breaking in period in mind that is repeatedly mentioned here and elsewhere, I immediately started listening. As a result I can confirm that this is useless and won´t give any significant results. At the beginning it was not pleasing at all, and over the first 100 hours it changed randomly, not gradually. But after about 4 days of continuous playing I heard the best sound quality ever: extremely detailed, full bodied, every breath of the artists, every touch to the strings, the atmosphere in the concert hall, all was in perfect place and harmony.
Before the test I was a bit sceptic because all Lavricables are not shielded but I couldn´t get any humming or noise of any sort even with power cables close to the XLR connection. In the future I will replace more of my interconnects with these great products.